Example of rib series fracture with 3D rib clip and implant bridge.
Fractures of ribs and sternum
Example sternal fracture with sternum clip.
Blunt trauma to the chest usually occurs in the case of traffic accidents, falls from a considerable height, occupational accidents, household accidents, during sporting activities or due to targeted physical violence. Patients usually suffer from severe pain and, as a result, consciously avoid breathing in deeply, coughing and movements that intensify the pain.
Surgical stabilization of costal and sternal fractures can reduce pain and tends to speed up patient mobilization.
Stabilization normally leads to rapid, complication-free orthotopic healing of the rib and sternum since the Titanium clips fix the fracture fragments in place in their anatomical position and help to reduce pain considerably.
Application of 3D rib clips
- 3D rib clip with 6 segments: for fractures that are at right angles to the longitudinal axis of the rib.
- 3D rib clip with 9 segments: for oblique fractures.
- 3D rib clip with 13 segments: for comminuted fractures, spiral fractures, very oblique fractures.
Avoid cutting the 3D rib clips with 6, 9, 13 segments to size by removing one or more clip segments because it would then not be possible to ensure stable fixation.
Application of implant bridge
- Implant bridge for comminuted fractures or defects where fusion of the bone fragments is not possible on account of distance or missing fragments (reconstruction).
- An implant bridge comprises of two Titanium rib clips and one Titanium connecting bar.
- After precise positioning and alignment of the Titanium rib clips the Titanium connecting bar is shortened to the particular length and introduced to the connectors of the Titanium rib clips.
- The Titanium rib clips are fixed in place on the rib.
- The Titanium connecting bar is crimped onto the connectors of the Titanium rib clips
Application of sternum clip
Transverse fractures, oblique fractures and multi-fragment fractures of the sternal body require use of 3 clip segments in order to ensure secure stabilisation.
Titanium sternal double-clips are recommended solely for the management of „Angle of Louis“ fractures.
The clip segments of the sternal clip grip the sternum by applying the clip segments in the intercostal spaces. The rombus-shaped centre bar, which connects the clip segments to one another, dissipates compressive forces and tensile forces of the sternum via the clip segments.
- The Titanium 3D rib clip and the sternal clip are one item so time-consuming intraoperative configuration is eliminated
- Three-dimensional formability of the Titanium clips, axial torquing and / or horizontal bending for precision adaptation to the anatomical situation
- Functionally stable, flexible costal and sternal osteosynthesis, no rigid fixation
- Only one pair of fixation pliers is required to affix the
Titanium 3D rib clip
- Shortened intensive care, e.g. artificial ventilation
- Shortened clinic stay
- Low complication rate
- Rapid pain control and pain reduction
- Good long-term outcomes
Prevention of dysfunctions and complications
- Prevention of pain-induced breathing restrictions
- The surgical procedure can prevent lung dysfunctions and their consequences
- Shortened intensive treatment due to early stabilization
- No damage to the neurovascular vascular bundle
Sofortige und vollständige Stabilität
- The supplied rib is immediately functionally stable and not rigidly fixed
- The flexibility of the implant does not limit the natural postoperative movement
- Rapid healing (osteosynthesis)
- All implants are made of pure titanium
- Interference-free imaging in X-rays, CT and MR
Titanium 3D rib clip, 6 segments
Titanium 3D rib clip, 6 segments, XL
Titanium 3D rib clip, 9 segments
Titanium 3D rib clip, 9 segments, XL
Titanium 3D rib clip, 13 segments
Titanium 3D rib clip, 13 segments, XL
Titanium rib clip, straight, Standard
Titanium rib clip, straight, XL
Titanium connecting bar, completely serrated, 190 mm
Titanium connecting bar, completely serrated, 230 mm
Titanium Sternum Double-clip S
Titanium Sternum Double-clip M
Titanium Sternum Double-clip L
Titanium Sternum Double-clip S/M
Titanium Sternum Double-clip M/L
Titanium Sternum Triple-clip S
Titanium Sternum Triple-clip M
Titanium Sternum Triple-clip L
Titanium Sternum Triple-clip S/S/M
Titanium Sternum Triple-clip M/M/L
Flat-nosed bending pliers for rib clips and connecting bars, 13.5 cm
Pliers for horizontal bending and axial torquing of the rib clips. In this procedure the pliers are used in pairs.
Three-point bending pliers for rib clips, 18 cm
Pliers for longitudinal axis-adjustment of the angle of the Titanium rib clip.
Rib clip fixation pliers, Universal
Pliers for affixing the titanium rib clip to the rib.
The pliers is placed vertically on the Titanium rib clip to be closed and then closed completely.
In this procedure the hold-down device presses on the Titanium rib clip and keeps it in position whilst the lateral jaws shape and fix the Titanium rib clip segments around the rib.
With this instrument it is possible to affix not only standard Titanium rib
clips but also XL ones.
Implant cutting pliers with exchangeable jaw inserts, 22cm
Pliers for cutting the titanium connecting bars.
Implant crimping pliers, 18 cm
Implant crimping pliers, angled 100°, 20.5 cm
Pliers for final closure (crimping) of the connection between titanium rib clip and Titanium connecting bar.
Sterilizing Container Trauma, empty
Container made of stainless steel (material 1.4301) for the transportation and
sterilisation of products, implants and instruments.
Sternum Repositioning Forceps
Pliers for temporary fixation of the sternum.
Sternum Implant Sizer
Instrument for determining and selecting the implant size.
Sternum clip Bar Elongation Pliers
Pliers for lengthening the distance between the segments of the titanium sternal clip.
Sternum clip Bar Shortening Pliers
Pliers for shortening the distance between the segments of the titanium sternal clip.
Sternum clip Preforming Pliers
Pliers for placing and preshaping the titanium sternal clip on the sternum.
The pliers are placed vertically on the titanium sternal clip to be closed and then they are closed completely.
Sternum clip Final Forming Pliers
Pliers for final shaping of the titanium sternal clip on the sternum.
The final shaping pliers are used to shape the titanium sternal clip on the sternum finally, also retrosternally.